Savoring: The Golden Hours by Orion Crook, The Practice
If we understand that evolution has set us up to be savoring machines when negative shit is happening, then we may begin to question what to do in order to outweigh the biological reactive response we have to negative cues.
This Gabshop is a way deeper look at how to develop a skill set that uses enjoyable chemicals and experiences to re-traumatize ourselves with the good. There will be a mix of learning, sharing, and experiential expressive activity to offer a well-rounded glimpse into the possibilities of savoring.
1. Detail the 3 states that a client may be into beginning practicing savoring.
2. Identify how awareness is the first step towards a savoring practice
3. Explore the potential effects of how savoring can modify emotions, thoughts, and life direction.
4. List examples of ways one might be blocked psychologically from practicing savoring.
5. Develop a Practice that through time leads one to gain awareness, acceptance, all while we collecting savorable data for our psyche to store more deeply and be more attuned to noticing.
This Gabshop is Orion's desire to help bring what they feel is so critical to developing mental health out into the community. It's also a process put in place to help them dive in, grasp on, and surface with articulation.
Learn more about this gabshop and how to join in on Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/savoring-the-golden-hours-tickets-65865340005